Life Verse

2 Timothy 1:7 "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." (ESV)

Friday, July 20, 2012

Urbana '09

This was yet another critical moment in my path towards ministry.   I wrote this when I came back from InterVarsity's Mission Conference called Urbana.

Ok for everyone who wants to know about my Urbana experience please read :)

It was so great to watch how God works.... The most defining moment for me at Urbana was the altar call. To see all those glow sticks held high because so many students accepted Christ was such a powerful moment. I can't get over it. It was touching and powerful and inspiring. To see those many people accept God's free gift made me realize how much I appreciate what God did for me even more...

This gift isn't to be taken lightly. He dwelled among us to be able to bring us back to Him. He suffered and died but rose again to give life to us all. The darkness cannot overcome the Light. That is a pretty deep thing to think about...

On top of that amazing image the seminars were so informative. I was so scared that by deciding to be a public school teacher here instead of going over seas was me ignoring God. But God needs Christians in the schools right here, so I am at peace with my decision [at least until I am shown differently ;) ]. Also, there were 400 students at that seminar! Think of the difference 400 teachers can make.... Public school teaching is a mission field. The public school system was described, during the seminar, as a closed country. So God needs to send some one to those places too right?

But it was also a great time to be with friends. It was great to spend so much time with all my friends and to experience such a meaningful event with them. Spending the morning sessions together, lunch, free time, dinner, and the evening sessions were all very memorable moments.
We actually got a table, lunch time was packed lol
And then to see some friends I haven't seen for a long time made it even more awesome :) And I feel like God used the time there to strengthen my relationships with everyone.
Family Group Reunion!!
I think that is a good thing because I struggle with feeling alone and stuff sometimes. So to share this with such great people and just spend such meaningful time with everyone really helped me with that. I feel like we are really friends not just "friends".

So much happened within those five days, there is no way I could write about it all. But I think this captures the biggest part of it. It was a time of worship, praise, growth, fun, adventures, plans, and challenges. It was pretty amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment